Free the Oppressed Foundation, founded in Honduras in 1995, was created to improve the lives of thousands of Honduran children, teenagers, and adults. Since then, Reverend Jimmy Hughes, his family and Staff have dedicated their lives to serving Christ in Central America and to spread the Word of God, His love and mercy to an oppressed world.
Our Mission Statement
To transform lives worldwide, especially the nation of Honduras, by taking the gospel of Jesus Christ to children, men and women, of any age & economic status, and to influential government officials. While maintaining our uncompromising principles as we grow:
- Obey and honor the Word of God as the ultimate truth in any situation, place or season.
- Provide a great family environment for our staff where they can care for their family and children as they tend to the Lord’s work.
- Apply the highest standards of excellence in everything we do.
- Contribute positively to our community and our environment.
- Develop relationships with individuals and organizations who believe in our vision and who help us achieve self sustainability.
Free the Oppressed Foundation:
- Prince of Peace Children’s Home – a home for children in social risk
- Door of Hope Rehab Center – a rehabilitation and restoration center
- Faith Academy – a Christian bilingual school
- Mission Character and Mission Antivirus – programs to develop character and leadership
- Casa Santiago – a short-term missions base
J. Hughes Foundation is a ministry-focused organization based in the United States that partners with and supports Free the Oppressed Foundation located in Honduras, Central America.